Neil Brown wrote:
On Wednesday May 30, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
After thinking about your post, I guess I can see some logic behind
not failing on the read, although I would say that after x amount of
read failures a drive should be kicked out no matter what.

When md gets a read error, it collects the correct data from elsewhere
and tries to write it to the drive that apparently failed.
If that succeeds, it tries to read it back again.  If that succeeds as
well, it assumes that the problem has been fixed.  Otherwise it fails
the drive.
That's the way it should work, but hopefully the error is logged somewhere. Other than as a SMART relocate?

--
bill davidsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc