My apologies if this is not the right place to ask this question. Hopefully it is.

I created a RAID5 array with:

mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=5 --raid-devices=5 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdc1 /dev/sdd1 /dev/sde1

mdadm -D /dev/md0 verifies the devices has a persistent super-block, but upon reboot, /dev/md0 does not get automatically assembled (an hence is not a installable/bootable device).

I have created several raid1 arrays and one raid5 array this way and have never had this problem. In all fairness, this is the first time I have used mdadm for the job. Usually, I boot to something like SysRescueCD, used raidtools to create my array and then reboot with my Slackware install CD.

Anyone know why this might be happening?

Bryan