On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 12:12 -0500, Alberto Alonso wrote:
> I've been asking on my other posts but haven't seen
> a direct reply to this question:
>
> Can MD implement timeouts so that it detects problems when
> drivers don't come back?
>
> For me this year shall be known as "the year the array
> stood still" (bad scifi reference :-)
>
> After 4 different array failures all due to a single drive
> failure I think it would really be helpful if the md code
> timed out the driver.

This isn't an md problem, this is a low level disk driver problem.  Yell
at the author of the disk driver in question.  If that driver doesn't
time things out and return errors up the stack in a reasonable time,
then it's broken.  Md should not, and realistically can not, take the
place of a properly written low level driver.

--
Doug Ledford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at