Neil Brown schrieb:

> This isn't a resync, it is a data check.  "Dec  2" is the first Sunday
> of the month.  You probably have a crontab entries that does
>    echo check > /sys/block/mdX/md/sync_action
>
> early on the first Sunday of the month.  I know that Debian does this.
>
> It is good to do this occasionally to catch sleeping bad blocks.

Duh, thanks for clearing this up. I guess what set the alarm off was
getting what looked like a rebuild to me while stress testing. Yes, I'm
running Debian and I have exactly this entry in my crontab... Perhaps
they should add a short log entry like "starting periodic RAID check" so
that people know there is nothing to worry about.

Or maybe I should just RTFC (read the fine crontab) ;-)

Oliver