Michael Tokarev said:     (by the date of Fri, 21 Dec 2007 23:56:09 +0300)

> Janek Kozicki wrote:
> > what's your kernel version? I recall that recently there have been
> > some works regarding load balancing.
>
> It was in my original email:
> The kernel is 2.6.23
>
> Strange I missed the new raid10 development you
> mentioned (I follow linux-raid quite closely).
> What change(s) you're referring to?

oh sorry it was a patch for raid1, not raid10:

  http://www.spinics.net/lists/raid/msg17708.html

I'm wondering if it could be adapted for raid10 ...

Konstantin Sharlaimov said:     (by the date of Sat, 03 Nov 2007
20:08:42 +1000)

> This patch adds RAID1 read balancing to device mapper. A read operation
> that is close (in terms of sectors) to a previous read or write goes to
> the same mirror.
<snip>