Jon Nelson wrote:

My own tests on identical hardware (same mobo, disks, partitions,
everything) and same software, with the only difference being how
mdadm is invoked (the only changes here being level and possibly
layout) show that raid0 is about 15% faster on reads than the very
fast raid10, f2 layout. raid10,f2 is approx. 50% of the write speed of
raid0.

Have you tested a stacked RAID 10 made up of 2 drive RAID1 arrays, striped together into a RAID0.

I have found this configuration to offer very good performance, at the cost of slightly more complexity.

Regards,

Richard