maximilian attems wrote:

error 15 is an *grub* error.

grub is known for it's dislike of xfs, so with this whole setup use ext3
rerun grub-install and you should be fine.

I should mention that something *did* change. When attempting to use XFS, grub would give me a note about "18 partitions used" (I forget the exact language). This was different than I'd remembered; when I switched back to using reiserfs, grub reports using 19 partitions.

So there's something definitely interesting about XFS and booting.

As an additional note, if I use the grub boot-time commands to edit root to read, e.g., root=/dev/sda2 or root=/dev/sdb2, I get the same Error 15 error message.

It may be that grub is complaining about grub and resiserfs, but I suspect that it has a true complain about the file system and what's on the partitions.

--
Moshe Yudkowsky * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * www.pobox.com/~moshe
 "If, after hearing my songs, just one human being is inspired to