On Thursday February 7, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Anyway, why does a SATA-II drive not deliver something like 300 MB/s?

Are you serious?

I high end 15000RPM enterprise grade drive such as the Seagate
Cheetah® 15K.6 Hard Drives only deliver 164MB/sec.

The SATA Bus might be able to deliver 300MB/s, but an individual drive
would be around 80MB/s unless it is really expensive.

(or was that yesterday?  I'm having trouble keeping up with the pace
 of improvement :-)

NeilBrown