On 17-Aug-99 Michael Ghens wrote:
> I have a running system that I would like to put into raid1. However, what
> I have read is that the mkraid command would erase everything. Is this
> true? Will I loose my data that I have, or is it only the second disk that
> bites it.

There is a way to preserve the data on the existing disk. Go, and fetch the
latest Software-RAID HowTo.
http://ostenfeld.dk/~jakob/Software-RAID.HOWTO/

You should also use the latest Kernel-Patches available:
ftp://ftp.fi.kernel.org/pub/linux/daemons/raid/alpha

cu.

---
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/
Germany                     |    eMail: Christian Ordig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting
/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.