> > I have a running system that I would like to put into raid1. However,
> > what I have read is that the mkraid command would erase everything. Is
> > this true? Will I loose my data that I have, or is it only the second
> > disk that bites it.
>
> There is a way to preserve the data on the existing
> disk. Go, and fetch the latest Software-RAID HowTo.
> http://ostenfeld.dk/~jakob/Software-RAID.HOWTO/

I'm probably losing it, but where in this HOWTO is the trick for
raid1'ing a currently working drive covered?

Speaking of which, something I didn't quite get is why a "chunk-size"
was defined for raid1... Since they're mirrors, what's a chunk size
mean in raid1?

Thanks,

James
--
Miscellaneous Engineer --- IBM Netfinity Performance Development