Dear Raiders,

I'm running Suse 6.3 with a 2.2.13 kernel.
I'd want to use my scsi disks in a raid 5 with hot spares configuration.
For this I follow the Howto from Jakob Østergaard v. 0.90.7 19th of January
2000 (http://ostenfeld.dk/~jakob/Software-RAID.HOWTO/).

I'm a bit lost about how to proceed. I've got the 2.2.16 kernel and tried to
apply the patch
named 'raid-2.2.16-A0.txt' (from
http://people.redhat.com/mingo/raid-patches/) with the following command:
'patch -b <raid-2.2.16-A0.txt >patchoutput.txt'. (I could not find a patch
for 2.2.13)
In the output file,  patch tells me that it cannot find the files to patch.
I started this command from /usr/src where linux is a link to the sources
2.2.16. Then the /usr/src directory gets cluttered with a lot of files that
I can delete.

What am I missing?

Help and many thanks,

Nick Art