Hi,
when the kernel (2.2.12 on RH6.1) boots, I see this:
d: superblock update time inconsistency -- using the most recent one
freshest: sdg1
md: kicking non-fresh sdb1 from array!
unbind<sdb1,5>
raid5: md0, not all disks are operational -- trying to recover array
md0: no spare disk to reconstruct array! -- continuing in degraded mode

Does that mean that sdb1 is physically damaged, or is the data on it
somehow corrupted?  This is a Dell PowerEdge system and when a disk goes
bad you normally see a yellow light instead of the green one next to the
drive.  In this case, all drives are flashing green.

I am pretty new to this so I wanted some advice on how to proceed...
assuming sdb1 is not physically damaged, can I run
raidhotadd /dev/md0 /dev/sdb1 ?

What is a good way to tell if a disk is damaged?  And is how do you map
names like sdb1 to the physical disk?

Thanks,

-- Anton