Andreas,

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Andreas Färber <afaer...@suse.de> wrote:
> Am 23.06.2014 03:21, schrieb Andreas Färber:
>> The display goes dark unfortunately (drm bridge series not yet tested),
>> but I am able to log in via ssh over USB ethernet adapter okay.
>
> Tracked this down to the dp-controller@145B0000 node: The pinctrl seems
> irrelevant, only commenting out the whole node helps keep the display.
> That is, hdmi and fimd nodes don't interfere.

Adding Rahul from Samsung.  I don't know that he's ever tested things
on exynos5250-spring but he might be able to point you in the right
direction.

> Adding a pwm backlight node like on snow did not help. If it's supposed
> to work from GNOME's display brightness slider, it doesn't seem to work.
> The 3.8 tree had no backlight node at all.

I do know that we don't want the exynos pwm backlight for spring.  On
spring the backlight is controlled completely by the bridge chip which
has a PWM on it.

-Doug