Am 23.06.2014 23:24, schrieb Andreas Färber:
> Am 23.06.2014 22:11, schrieb Benson Leung:
>>>
>>> +Benson may be able to answer this.  I believe generally non-US
>>> keyboard layouts are handled at a higher level.
>>
>> There's no such thing as a notion of US versus non-US keyboard layouts
>> at the embedded controller level or even in the kernel. Indeed, this
>> should all be handled in user space.
>>
>> The chromeos firmware and kernel should return the correct key codes
>> for every key pressed on keyboards with the ANSI layout (US based), or
>> ISO (UK and most other countries).
>>
>> The only differences are :
>> * the ISO keyboard has an extra key, which is immediately to the right
>> of the Left Shift key. This must return KEY_102ND key code from the
>> input layer.
>> * the ISO keyboard has a  different location for the | \ key, which
>> accomodates the upside L shaped Enter key on the right side of the
>> keyboard. The keycode for this key is KEY_BACKSLASH.
>>
>> Basically, all of this should be verified using evtest to test that
>> the ec and kernel have the keys right.
>
> Hm, we may be talking about two different things here? I have been doing
> a minimum system bring-up for 3.16, with openSUSE userspace.
> My YaST-selected system keymap (German with deadkeys) is not taking
> effect on German Spring at the *framebuffer console* (tty1) - evdev is
> not involved at that level AIUI.
>
> Backspace and L-shaped enter keys work okay. The keymap here should be
> identical to that in the original German device and seemed to match that
> in the exynos5250-snow.dts file.
>
> I just checked (w/ dp-controller, hdmi, fimd commented out in my patch):
> * An external USB keyboard does not work correctly either.
> * In X11 (xdm), both internal and USB keyboard work as expected.

Another observation: Ctrl+o does not work on the Chromebook keyboard,
whereas o and Shift+o or Ctrl+x do work as expected. On an external USB
keyboard it works just fine. Same at the console and in X11.

Testcases are nano (saving) and gEdit (opening).

I tried the new cros-ec-keyboard.dtsi, no change; and given that the key
itself works okay, I assume it's not the dt linux,keymap.

Anyone any suggestion how to debug?

Thanks,
Andreas