On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 02:53:40PM +0000, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> I'm in favor of the removal. But maybe there is something I'm overlooking
> and that means that the typedef should not be removed?

Well it's defined in "drivers/scsi/scsi_typedefs.h" and only used by
some (old) drivers inside drivers/scsi so it can't be a UAPI => we're
not breaking any existing user-space with it.

I already did the conversion locally in my revamped scsi result
handling series branch and if someone steps up I can easily revert it
again but I don't see a compelling reason to do so.

Anyways that's still WIP but I plan to have it done before LSF/MM so
we can have a hallway track if needed.

Byte,
        Johannes
--
Johannes Thumshirn                                          Storage
jthumsh...@suse.de                                +49 911 74053 689