On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 08:55:13PM -0800, explodingm...@gmail.com wrote:
> Same deal. New hardware, working on bringup. It's currently running a
> slightly ancient android.
>
> >From
> >http://linux-sunxi.org/Retrieving_device_information#Retrieving_data_over_USB_in_FEL_mode
>
> > ./fel read 0x43000000 0x20000 script.bin
>
> works fine.
>
> > ./bin2fex script.bin script.fex
>
> segfaults.
>
> > ./fexc script.bin script.fex
>
> returns "E: script.bin:1: data must follow a section."
>
> I asked on IRC and was told that script.bin isn't located at that
> address until after the bootloader runs, and fel is pre-bootloader,
> making this a moot point.

On many devices, this does work. But i too have run into this on my
inet_86vz tablet.

> I'm perplexed here - what's the best way to get a known-good copy of
> the config for a given board?

The other option is listed as well:
http://linux-sunxi.org/Retrieving_device_information#Using_the_original_OS

You also need to get to android, to get the identification strings:
http://linux-sunxi.org/New_Device_page#Identification

Luc Verhaegen.