Hi,

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Hans de Goede <hdego...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 01/24/2014 04:38 AM, Chen-Yu Tsai wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>>> Quick update, I've just tested:
>>> https://github.com/wens/linux/commits/wip/sunxi-next-wifi
>>

>> About this, I would like to move WiFi power control to a regulator,
>> and controlled by sunxi-mci via vmmc-supply (not supported ATM)
>

> Actually the sunxi-mci.c driver already has support for an optional
> regulator called vmmc.
>
> I like this idea, I've done a version of the dt patch using a regulator
> instead of rfkill here:
> https://github.com/jwrdegoede/linux-sunxi/commit/8d200113b573549cdcdc1b2d5a5a1cad15cfbe07
>
> This works as advertised and IMHO is the better solution.

I have a version in another branch I haven't pushed. I had it using an
always-on regulator. I can adjust it to use vmmc.

BTW, I'd like to do a patch for sunxi-mci to use the DT parsing code
in mmc core.
We should re-use code if possible, wouldn't you agree?

>>> About the oob interrupt stuff not working, AFAIK you should set a pinctrl
>>> function (not input, but a function like mmc is a function) on the pin in
>>> question
>>> for it to work as external interrupt, I believe you're not doing so in
>>> your
>>> dts.
>>

>> The pinctrl driver seems to set the function when the interrupt is
>> enabled.
>> Unfortunately we don't have any documentation/examples on how to use them.
>> I will look into that later.
>

> Hmm, but you also have a pinctrl entry in the dts setting it up as
> gpio-input,
> maybe that conflicts ?

I made a version with pinctrl entry setup as "irq", got an interrupt,
but then the whole thing hung. Looks like pinctrl irqchip was not
properly handling chained interrupts. I have done a simple fix, and I
hope to test it tomorrow. Then I'll do some more testing with different
configurations and hopefully write some documents.

Cheers,
ChenYu