Hi Puneet,
The only thing that I can recommend at the moment is to probe around the
files under /proc/asound. I won't be able to have a look at this on real
hardware until tomorrow.
 You shouldn't have to save alsamixer configuration, from memory this is
just interacting with the kernel and therefore settings the values in the
hardware's registers.
CK