Hi,

On 07/23/2014 02:39 PM, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 10:12:41AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 07/23/2014 12:11 AM, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
>>> I just had a dig through our boards.cfg, and compared it to our wiki and
>>> google.
>>>
>>> We have 69 unique devices in there, and i have categorized it according
>>> to how far along the NDH process they are. The results are pretty
>>> shocking, especially considering that devices, and android id strings,
>>> is how people find our wiki and thus our project. If you are not
>>> convinced, google for cubieboard, and check the third link.
>>
>> First of all like Ian, I don't think this whole rename dance is
>> worth the trouble. Besides that some of the suggestions you are doing
>> are just completely wrong.
>
> So what about A20-SOM? Do you really think that was a clueful choice?
>
>> The mini-x model is a generic model sold
>> by many different OEM-s not just Pineriver
>> prefixing this with Pineriver is contra productive
>> IMHO.
>
> Now if only you would bother documenting them.

There is nothing to document here over what is already at the wiki.

>>> mk802                       -> Rikomagic_MK802
>>> mk802-1gb           -> Rikomagic_MK802+
>>> mk802ii                     -> Rikomagic_MK802ii
>>
>> Idem, I've a bunch of those and none of them have
>> the Rikomagic markings on them.
>
> Ditto.

This rename is the most stupidest of all. I've just
checked, and I had to look twice before I could even find
the mk802 entries because they are now prefixed with
Ricomagic very very far from helpful that is.

As for your "Ditto" I assume you mean documenting them,
there is nothing to document over what is already there,
all the mk802 pictures on the wiki are of unbranded models.

I actually have a rikomagic branded mk802ii, trust me when
its branded it is clearly branded, and the ones on the
wiki are unbranded.

>>> Need work (22):
>>> ---------------
>>> A10s-OLinuXino-M    -> Also rename to Olimex_
>>> A13-OLinuXinoM              -> Also rename to Olimex_
>>> A20-SOM                     -> Also rename to Olimex_
>>> Coby_MID7042
>>> Iteaduino_Plus_A10
>>> Iteaduino_Plus_A20
>>> Gooseberry_A721             -> Also rename
>>> H6                  -> Also rename to Eearl H1026A
>>> Hackberry           -> Also rename
>>> Hyundai_A7HD
>>> Interra-3           -> Also rename
>>> INet97F-II          -> Also rename
>>> Megafeis_A08
>>> Mele_A1000G
>>> Mele_A3700
>>> mk802_a10s          -> Also rename to semitime g2.
>>
>> No just no, this is the good old mark 1 mku802 casing,
>> with a different pcb in there, sold under a gazillion
>> different brands, these hdmi stick are in general just
>> known as mk802 without any brand attached to them.
>>
>> E.g. I've one branded "cozyswan"
>
> #3.

Erm, no they are sold under a gazillion brands documenting
each and every fantasy brand out there is not helpful.

>>> PoV_ProTab2_XXL             -> Also rename to inet1
>>> qt840a                      -> Also rename to semitime qt840a
>>
>> qt840a finds a lot more relevant google hits
>> then "semitime qt840a", these things are in general
>> sold a as a qt840a without mentioning any manufacturer name.
>
> #4.

???

>> I find it astounding that you can find time for all this, but have
>> still not published your kms driver for the sunxi display engine,
>> priorities ?
>
> I find it truly astounding that you absolutely refuse to work the wiki,
> and happily do put devices upstream which are just zombies, as no-one
> else but you knows what the hw looks like.
>
> But do try to keep changing subjects.

On changing subjects it would be nice if you could answer Koen Kooi's

Regards,

Hans