On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Simo Xefil <xe...@xefil.com> wrote:

> Il giorno giovedì 4 dicembre 2014 14:51:57 UTC+1, Jon Smirl ha scritto:
>>
>> IR remotes use different protocols. These protocols are supported by
>> different kernel modules like NEC, RC5, etc.  You also need keymaps
>> for mapping the remote protocols into standard key events. Look in the
>> kernel source at drivers/media/rc/...... If you get things set up
>> right Linux can decode every IR remote on the market.
>

> Ok, good to know there are different protocols. The content of my folder is:
>
> #pwd
> /usr/lib/modules/3.4.90/kernel/drivers/media/rc
> # ls
> ati_remote.ko  ir-jvc-decoder.ko  ir-mce_kbd-decoder.ko  ir-rc5-decoder.ko
> ir-rc6-decoder.ko    ir-sony-decoder.ko  lirc_dev.ko  rc-core.ko
> streamzap.koimon.ko        ir-lirc-codec.ko   ir-nec-decoder.ko
> ir-rc5-sz-decoder.ko  ir-sanyo-decoder.ko  keymaps             mceusb.ko
> redrat3.ko
>
> I was expecting to be able get a kind of raw string to simply resend if
> needed, even if not recognized.
> Is there a way to get raw values and simply resend them? Like using an
> arduino, with a sketch I got the raw data and then I use them to resend the
> signal.
> i.e.:
> http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Infrared-Remote-tutorial/#step5
> I would then an IR led to send out signals, if the build in receiver cannot
> send as well. I've no idea if the build in ir sensor can only receive.

It is unlikely that your built-in IR can also transmit.  Your box
would need to have a jack labeled "IR out".

You will probably need an external USB box like this one:
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/webstore2/webstore_remote-mckit.asp

That bundle of wire on the left is the transmitter.

Or if you are a hacker you can build your own IR transmitter for a
couple of dollars.

> Thanks
>
> Simon
>

> --