I think the current sunxi-ir driver only decodes the NEC protocol.

In my case I have one of the dual core android tv player device similar to:
http://linux-sunxi.org/YBKJ_A20

I have made a debian linux sd card using the 3.4 sunxi kernel
and I had success reading the original remote that came with the box and also
various cheap remotes usually found in car players.
See for instance the remote from here:
http://docs.cubieboard.org/tutorials/cb1/customization/wireless_music_box

If the driver is loaded properly you should be able to find an eventX link for
it in /dev/input/eventX where X varies but it should be similar to what you had
in the dmesg log.

A simple test to see if you have any keys recognized you could run:
cat /dev/input/eventX | hexdump
and start pressing keys from your remote.

If you do not get any output then either your remote is not using the NEC
protocol or the decoder might be listening on the wrong pins.

"script.fex" file but have you actually converted that file to a binary one and
made it available so that the U-boot loader can load it?
Again, in my case, I needed the script.bin file generated for my debian build
as mentioned in here:
http://linux-sunxi.org/Manual_build_howto

All the best,
tkg