Hi,

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 6:21 AM, Iain Paton <ipat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/12/14 15:29, wens Tsai wrote:
>
>>     - AXP20x (PEK and docs) series, originally by Carlo, posted v8
>>     - AXP20x regulator driver cleanup, finished and tested
>>     - AXP221 support, originally by Boris, finished and tested
>>       * Also enables WiFi on the Hummingbird A31
>>     - sunxi (sun[457]i) cpufreq support, finished and testing (CB/CB2 tested)
>>       * Only added support for the boards I own. It's just a matter of adding
>>         the regulator nodes with the proper constraints
>
> Hi,
>
> I've been testing your patches with a20 olinuxino lime2 & a10 lime
>
> I notice your cpu opp data reduces the voltage down to 0.9v for the lowest
> frequency, but all of the regulator nodes you added for cubieboard cubietruck
> etc, have the lower limit set to 1v.  Did you test 0.9v on anything?

Not before. The assumption was that we provide a generic set of OPPs.
Board files then decide which ones are actually usable via regulator
constraints.

> The lime2 dts currently has 0.7v as the lower limit for dcdc2 and when it's
> dropped to an opp with cpu core voltage set to 0.9v the board starts crashing
> randomly very soon after.

I just tested my cubieboard2, and it crashes as soon as the voltage
is lowered to 0.9v by cpufrequtils.

0.9v is below the recommended voltage range for VDD-CPU, according to
the datasheet. Running my board at 144 MHz / 1.0v seems fine though.

> I'll post a patch shortly to raise the lime2 dcdc2 lower limit to 1v, but
> I think it's probably worth collecting some more data on how many boards
> will really be able to use that 0.9v setting.

I can increase the voltage setting for 144 MHz to 1.0v in the dtsi.

This brings out additional problems though. The clock driver doesn't
support re-calculating the dividers ATM. So when the cpu clock is
at 144 MHz, the ahb clocks run at 24 MHz, which IIRC is too slow for
USB.

Maybe I just remove it from the OPP set for the time being.

> With the exception of altering the dcdc2 limits, I've not encountered any
> other problems.

Thanks for the feedback!

ChenYu