On Monday, February 16, 2015 at 2:29:25 PM UTC+1, David Lanzendörfer wrote:
Hi David, Good news

> Hi Javqui
> >That's is an interesting idea.
> >(at least basic) Documentation about encoding libraries will be extremely
> >useful from our side.Updates and minimum documentation about rogue/CedarX A80
> >encoding libraries are in a dark area.
> Imagination has recently released the ISA for the Allwinner GPU:
> http://blog.imgtec.com/powervr/the-latest-powervr-sdk-v3-4-and-tools-are-live
> After what I've seen from it it should be very much possible to write an open
> source GPU driver with this information.
Javqui is not referring to the GPU but the VPU (Video). CedarX. MPEG-1/2,
H.264, DivX, etc.

Besides the opened part from PowerVR is sadly one of their publication stunts.
http://libv.livejournal.com/. And when the PR department gets confronted with
their own BS, they give you the silence treatment

The only one thing I can say is PowerVR is poison. They don't even bow to
Intel, Search for Poulsbo.

So open GPU Drivers for A80, is not going to happen. It didn't happen for Intel
Atom, it didn't happen when the FSF made it a priority project. Besides the A80
will not exist long enough.

If Allwinner is interested in FOSS gpu drivers, which they should be, they'd
better support the Lima, Etnaviv, etc. projects.

P.S. Take a look at EOMA-68 and Luck Leighton. He's pretty far along with a
modular tablet including an A20 CPU.