On 15 March 2015 at 12:12, Paul Kocialkowski <cont...@paulk.fr> wrote:
> Le mardi 24 février 2015 à 11:58 +0200, Siarhei Siamashka a écrit :
>> On Sat, 21 Feb 2015 16:47:20 +0100
>> Hans de Goede <hdego...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Newer u-boot versions may chose a different (better) PLL6 / PLL5 setting
>> > and/or different voltage settings. Unfortunately the old linux-sunxi-3.4
>> > kernels have a number of hardcoded assumptions about PLL5 speed, and in
>> > some
>> > cases override the bootloader chosen PLL6 / voltages in a bad way.
>> >
>> > This patch series fixes this and is intended for the sunxi-3.4 branch. The
>> > first 2 patches are already in sunxi-3.4/staging, but they should really
>> > also
>> > be added to the sunxi-3.4 branch. The 2 new patches should be added to
>> > both.
>> >
>> > Note that sunxi-3.4/staging currently does not work for me (on sun5i at
>> > least)
>> > (*) so these patches have only been tested on the sunxi-3.4 branch.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Hans
>> >
>> > *) It does not boot at all for some reason, not a single message is printed
>> > on the serial console after u-boot has loaded the kernel. I'm afraid I do
>> > not
>> > have the time to investigate this.
>>
>> Thanks. I will allocate the next few days of my time on checking what's
>> up with sunxi-3.4 and maybe we can make the final "graduation" release
>> for it.
>
> Any news on that front? I have been trying to boot sunxi-3.4 on
> sun7i/A20 using upstream U-Boot, with no success. I tried the current
> sunxi-3.4 branch and stage/sunxi-3.4, with and without these patches.

Hi Paul,
Pinged you on irc. I've been booting stage/sunxi-3.4 with mainline over fel
using this script and boot.cmd
http://pastebin.com/EneW2jgA http://pastebin.com/BfCUVAgB
I will try sticking it on an sdcard unfortunately at the moment all my serial
to usb converters seem dead so I've got no way of getting a log.
Good luck,
CK