On Tuesday, 13.03.2018 at 15:18, Martin Lucina wrote:
> I've now also tried with a 4.16-rc5 kernel and get the same "bad page
> state" early in the boot process.
> Are current mainline kernels stable on this board, or do I need some extra
> patches? Headless operation is enough for me.

I just tried with U-boot 2018.03 (released as of a few hours ago) and with
mainline 4.16-rc5 kernel the board now completes debootstrap --second-stage
sucessfully, so it looks like this problem is solved in the new U-boot
(previously I was using 2018.01).

Will report back if I see any further instability.