Hi Ilya,

Sorry for the delay, I was travelling last week.

On 22/09/2026 11:01, Ilya Maximets wrote:

(...)

> Matthieu mentioned we'll need CONFIG_TRACEPOINTS in the selftest config
> shard: tools/testing/selftests/net/openvswitch/config
> 
> Is that a new dependency or was it always there we just missed adding it
> to the config before?

It is a new one, but it is enabled by default at least on x86_64.

> (it's included in the common net config, so that
> is probably the reason why CI doesn't fail)
Yes, but the Netdev CI is using the net (parent) config "by accident"
here: it is just an optimisation not to set-up a new runner -- including
a dedicated worktree, building a dedicated kernel, executing another VM,
etc. -- just for openvswitch tests taking 2 minutes.

If TRACEPOINTS is enabled by default, no need to add it to the config
file I suppose. But I didn't check if it was enabled on all
architectures supporting it.

Cheers,
Matt


Reply via email to