On Thu, 1 Oct 2026 15:02:40 +0200
Miguel Ojeda <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 1, 2026 at 2:04 PM FUJITA Tomonori <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Miguel, what do you think?
> 
> I suggested it due to seeing the multi-line combination of `if false`
> and `_ = ...`, and the fact that we will probably want to reuse the
> combination in other macros. It makes the concept more explicit,
> easier to grep, and follows other cases we have created for similar
> things like this (e.g. `static_assert!`).
> 
> Having said that, I do prefer using plain language instead of macros
> where possible/reasonable, i.e. I don't like introducing macros and
> more concepts in general just for the sake of it. On the other hand,
> sometimes language features aren't the best spellings to be honest
> (like the `const _` "abuse") and some people prefer abbreviations
> (like the discussion on `SZ_*` constants).
> 
> Either way is fine, obviously.

Thanks, I'll drop it.

Reply via email to