On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 07:12, Greg KH wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 11:04:54PM -0700, John Tyner wrote:
> > > Please don't remove the proc interface.  This is a V4L issue.  It's in
> > > there because this is a V4L driver.
> >
> > I saw that you were going to raise the issue on that list. I said the patch
> > can wait. Regardless, though, I think that the driverfs is where this kind
> > of thing is supposed to be going.
>
> Yes, that is true.  All of /proc/video should be moving there eventually :)

Please remember to fix all the application compatibility, and upgrade
everyones user space and answer all the email. This is the wrong time to
do it because V4L is turning into V4L2 currently and V4L2 sorts out many
API things. If it doesn't solve this one then it needs too.

Mark it down as "excessive force authorised before 2.6.0" but lets see
how the V4L2 things go first