Kevin Cernekee wrote:

On Wed, 28 May 2003, David Rippel wrote:

Does anyone have a working driver for (or willing to put one together?)
for the ASIX AX88172 usb-to-ethernet controller & RealTek RTL8201 PHY
(better known as the linksys usb200m nic, also seen as a netgear
product)?

TiVo apparently wrote a GPL driver and included it in their 2.4.18 kernel tarball (drivers/usb/ax8817x.c):

http://tivo.com/linux/40/TiVo-4.0-linux-2.4.tar.gz

I believe a few minor tweaks are needed to make it run with modern
kernels, since the devrequest struct and its members were renamed.

Major thanks for the pointer on that! I'm working out the devrequest issues right now. May be able to turn something around real soon!