On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 12:20:05PM -0700, David Brownell wrote:
> >OK.  Here's where I stand with this.  Someone else made this work.
> >For the time being, I'd like to leave it as it is.  There are several
> >implementations of ohci.  All but one is ARM platform specific.  IMHO,
> >the work necessary would be to stub all of them and refer to a common,
> >generic base.
>
> That'd be fine with me too.  There are also MIPS and PPC versions
> floating around, as well as the PCI one.  It's not clear to me how
> much of that code can really be common/generic; but this patch
> makes a good start.

Looking at the diff, I'd say that much of the differences have to do
with handling of the resources.  I'm not a fan of the assumption that
the order of resources is important.  I'd rather see something like
this

  while (--cResources) {
        if (resource->type == IRQ) {}
        if (resource->type == MEM) {}
  }

There isn't much else that is significantly different.  OHCI *is*
supposed to be a kind of standard, right?

I'll mull over this for a while until something happens in my brain.