> In such a situation, the delay is much bigger than the device's buffer,
> so just sending more samples afterwards will not help.

It is ISO transfer, if the delay is too much, and the buffer at device side is
empty, it is normal the screen is stopped like we watch movie on Internet
(buffering....).

So if the delay is too much, I don't think there is a way can deal with it as
host does not send any data to device.

> Furthermore, if packets are lost, frequency feedback becomes impossible
> because the device doesn't know how many samples were lost.
Where the packets are lost?
If the packets are lost at class driver/usb driver, class driver will
know it and
should take the responsible to re-send it.
If the packets are lost on the USB bus (during the transfer), as it is
ISO transfer,
then the data should be lost, and host doesn't know the data is lost,  how can
it re-sends the packet?