On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:16:25PM +0300, Kustaa Nyholm wrote:
> On 24.9.2012 21.47, "Greg KH" <g...@kroah.com> wrote:
> >
> >And if I'm going to be forced to change my program, and libusbx has now
> >shown that they don't care about their public api, well, I might as well
> >just rewrite it to remove that dependancy completly, as it's obvious
> >they don't know how to treat their users.
>
> Really Greg,
>
> I think you are overreacting and talking through your hat.
>
> If you bothered to check the archives you'd see how much the developers
> actually care about their users.

Um, breaking existing applications is not indicative of that, don't you
agree?

> If you think rewriting to remove that dependency makes more sense
> than applying a trivial fix Pete promised to deliver, go ahead,
> especially if you think that is what *your* users will want.

No one delivered any such "fix", all I got was a bunch of bug reports
this morning from the distros saying that usbutils was suddenly broken.
That shows that libusbx is really the problem here, and that maybe I
shouldn't depend on it anymore.

greg k-h