On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 08:35:07PM +0100, Pete Batard wrote:
> On 2012.09.24 20:31, Greg KH wrote:
> >No one delivered any such "fix", all I got was a bunch of bug reports
> >this morning from the distros saying that usbutils was suddenly broken.
> >That shows that libusbx is really the problem here, and that maybe I
> >shouldn't depend on it anymore.
>
> Could you please have a look at the release note that was posted on
> this list? We did our best to ensure the possibility of breakage
> featured prominently.

I saw that, but again, you are forcing users of your library, to change
their code due to your API change.  You are changing the API without
changing the library version, which is a very bad thing to do.

Yes, I understand you wanted to fix an old typo in a structure, so fix
it and bump the version number of the library if it is that important.

If it's not important enough to change the version number of the
library, then maybe you shouldn't have made that change.

greg k-h