On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Linus Walleij
<linus.wall...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Robert Jarzmik <robert.jarz...@free.fr>
> wrote:
>
>> I have not found in the gpiolib anything for a driver to set that
>> active_low value, only for machine code. The legacy behaviour was that
>> that information was handed over to the driver.
>
> That's correct, active low is a property of the electronics, and
> not something the driver should mess with going forward.

However you can still do it if you have to. In the final
v3.17 we have added a "flags" argument to devm_gpiod_get()
and friends so you can set GPIOD_OUT_LOW / GPIOD_OUT_HIGH

The old style without specifying flags also works, but we have
moved to always adding the flags.

Yours,
Linus Walleij