I have totally given up trying to buy a laptop.

You have to buy Windows and the continuous "M$ftOwnsOurSoul company
recommends Windows Vista(TM)" bleat ruins any joy I'd get from the
thing.

But I have just noticed Bruce Perens has one of these Acer Aspire One
Linux netbooks.

That guy plays even harder "Open Source" ball than I do, so I'm
sitting up and interested in these things...

Anyone have one of these gadgets? (Or equivalent)

Where did you get it from / price?

I'm trying to decrease the fierce and rather disruptive competition
for multimedia devices amongst my kids.... is it fast enough of
streaming media / mount DVD on Big Grunty desktop DVD drive and view
via wireless (or USB 8Gb pen drive) on netbook?

Any opinions on these (or similar) things from those who have one?

PO Box 1645 Christchurch                Email : john.car...@tait.co.nz
New Zealand