I like Linux, not because I'm a fanboy, I'd switch to *bsd or Hurd or
whatever the moment it fitted my purpose better.

But I really do care about the "Free" in "Free Software".

As Richard Stallman says that "Free" in "Free Software" is about
Freedom, not price. And that is worth a lot to me.

Thus I choose to be fairly careful about where I spend my dollars,
never funding anything that is against that freedom.

Buying a M$ Windows netbook when Linux ones are available is working
against that freedom in so many ways.

ie.

 * I, personally, will never buy a computer with Windows and overwrite
   it with Linux. I buy it with Linux or OS free and install my own.

 * I, personally, will favour dealers, for all purchases, that stock
   Linux variants. I will also explicit avoid dealers that tell me "we
   cannot sell it without Windows" if I can buy the same from a Linux
   dealer.

 * I, personally, will favour hardware manufacturers that contribute
   open source support for their systems to free software

 * I, personally, will favour hardware manufacturers that pre-install
   Linux.

 * I, personally, will favour hardware manufacturers that don't have
   the "Soulless Co recommends Windows Vista" crap on their website.

 * I will never knowingly use warez, nor pirate film, music or other
   content. I will give my attention and support to the many free
   artists eminently worthy of it.

And with these few dollars in my pockets, I will cast my vote.