So my home life is getting sufficient twangled that having some more advance
facilities  (voicemail / caller id / ...) would be good.

I was looking at Xnet VFX Fusion. But that means I'd have to replace my
router to have a phone plug.

This seems... unnecessary.

Googling (gargling?) for voip and openwrt turns up Asterix running on a
Linksys WRT54GL... just so happens I have a WRT54GL running Openwrt
"Backfire".

So what I need is...
 * A cordless voip phone or a way of tacking a standard cordless to, umm,
something.
 * Access to a cheap gateway from the IP to Christchurch local telephone
system
 * Something with cheap calls to South Africa / US / UK (diasporas tend to
do that to you)

So carry on with the digital convergence...

After buying, trying and returning to the #...@$#! red shed under gaurantee two
TV's... and having similar problems with DSE TV's...

I'm very reluctant to waste money on a TV again...

Yet the Sprats want TV and a place to plug their game consoles into. Dang.

Now with netbooks being cheaper (and better quality) than many TV's... what
I need is...

* Some way of getting TV & game console inputs on to the display.

Hmm. There is an ADSL2+ to city block cabinet a 50m down the road....

Would it be worth replacing my DSE ADSL XH1175 router with an adsl2+ one
anyway?

Suggestions most welcome.

PO Box 1645 Christchurch                Email : john.car...@taitradio.com
New Zealand

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.