On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 15:14 +1200, Christopher Sawtell wrote:
> On 20 July 2010 08:50, C. Falconer <cfalco...@totalteam.co.nz> wrote:
> > No no no!   Skype is evil and nasty and CLOSED.
>
> Apart from the fact that it is proprietary software, what is "evil and
> nasty" about it?

Like the fact that it uses 100% of the available CPU for no discernable
reason, even when you're not using it? Or the fact that it will abuse
your firewall until it can find a way around it?

I have* to use it, but wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Steve

*My customers demand it. I need customers.

--
Steve Holdoway <st...@greengecko.co.nz>
http://www.greengecko.co.nz