> Gerry Doris spewed electrons into the ether that resembled:
>> Perhaps I'm missing something but I think you should be looking at
>> virtusertable.
>>
>> I'm assuming that all mail is going to come through the linux sendmail
>> box.  I believe you can forward all the mail not being processed by
>> sendmail over to the other mail server using virtusertable.  The other
>> mail accounts would simply be processed by sendmail.
>
> I had thought this too. But I couldn't find an example of how to
> accomplish  this. got one?
>
> - --
> Douglas J Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net) - Linux User #174778
> Admin: Linux StepByStep - http://www.linux-sxs.org
>       and http://jobs.linux-sxs.org

I've used virtusertable to forward from one mail server to another.  For
example the following entry:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

would send all mail coming into my mailserver addressed to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] to user gerry at an internal server called
tiger.dorfam.ca.  If I understand what you're trying to do then you would
need to add 75 addresses to the left hand side directing them to a
separate internal server.  Using virtusertable this will be done without
any processing.  The 25 names not listed will be processed.  You could
then use procmail to send those 25 users' mail onto the second server for
normal delivery after doing your filtering.

The following is from the sendmail docs....

virtusertable   A domain-specific form of aliasing, allowing multiple
                virtual domains to be hosted on one machine.  For example,
                if the virtuser table contained:

                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    foo-info
                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    bar-info
                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]     error:nouser 550 No such user here
                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]     error:5.7.0:550 Address invalid
                        @baz.org        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                then mail addressed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] will be sent to the
                address foo-info, mail addressed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] will be
                delivered to bar-info, and mail addressed to anyone at baz.org
                will be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] will
                be rejected with the specified error message, and mail to
                [EMAIL PROTECTED] will also have a RFC 1893 compliant error code
                5.7.0.

                The username from the original address is passed
                as %1 allowing:

                        @foo.org        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                meaning [EMAIL PROTECTED] will be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Additionally, if the local part consists of "user+detail"
                then "detail" is passed as %2 and "+detail" is passed as %3
                when a match against user+* is attempted, so entries like

                        old+*@foo.org   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        gen+*@foo.org   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        +*@foo.org      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        @bar.org        %1%3

                and other forms are possible.  Note: to preserve "+detail"
                for a default case (@domain) %1%3 must be used as RHS.
                There are two wildcards after "+": "+" matches only a non-empty
                detail, "*" matches also empty details, e.g., [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                matches +*@foo.org but not [EMAIL PROTECTED]  This can be used
                to ensure that the parameters %2 and %3 are not empty.

                All the host names on the left hand side (foo.com, bar.com,
                and baz.org) must be in class {w} or class {VirtHost}.  The
                latter can be defined by the macros VIRTUSER_DOMAIN or
                VIRTUSER_DOMAIN_FILE (analogously to MASQUERADE_DOMAIN and
                MASQUERADE_DOMAIN_FILE, see below).  If VIRTUSER_DOMAIN or
                VIRTUSER_DOMAIN_FILE is used, then the entries of class
                {VirtHost} are added to class {R}, i.e., relaying is allowed
                to (and from) those domains.  The default map definition is:

                        hash /etc/mail/virtusertable

                A new definition can be specified as the second argument of
                the FEATURE macro, such as

                        FEATURE(`virtusertable', `dbm /etc/mail/virtusers')

Gerry