how would openpkg help resolve the version dependency problems?

Bill Campbell wrote:
I'm looking very seriously at moving all of our customization and local
additions to work under the openpkg package manager.  This allows one to
work without changing the vendor's stuff at all, and is supported on Linux,
freebsd, solaris, and other *ix platforms.

There was an excellent article in SysAdmin magazine recently on this which
got me looking at it.
	http://www.openpkg.org/
--
  .~.    Might, Courage, Vision. In Linux We Trust.
 / v \   http://www.linux-sxs.org