Gerry Doris wrote:

I've been knocking my head against the screen for the last couple of days. I can't play audio cd's no matter what I do.

I can burn audio cd's successfully. I can play both wav and mp3 files from disk. However, when I try and play directly from cd everything looks ok but there isn't any sound (also no error messages).

I've tried the gnome default cdplayer, xmms, kscd. They all perform exactly the same. They read the tracks and start playing but not a single sound comes through.

This is on a RH 8.0 system.

Are you sure that there is an audio cable going from your cdplayer to your sound card?

--
Ted Ozolins (VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C.