On 07/13/03 20:39, Joel Hammer wrote:
Well, I guess I don't talk to him much. I do recall seeing him pumping
up linux on the desktop. He was talking about the need to get an office
suite for linux. He mentioned that ?applix? was very good. Course,
I bought it, and had a lot of trouble with it, (importing files) and
they went out of business finally. That's what I mean by staying power.
So, I don't know why Linus would talk up an office suite for linux if
he didn't care about the desktop.

He used it, he liked it, he raved about it. Don't confuse your desire for Linux-for-dummies with Linus's idle commentary.

-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ L. Friedman [EMAIL PROTECTED] Linux Step-by-step & TyGeMo: http://netllama.ipfox.com

8:35pm up 12:47, 1 user, load average: 2.53, 1.75, 1.10