On 9 Aug 2003, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> Has anyone been getting an email from [EMAIL PROTECTED] (where
> your.domain is your domain)?
>
> It has text like this:
>
> Hello there,
>
> I would like to inform you about important information regarding your
> email address. This email address will be expiring.
> Please read attachment for details.
>
> ---
> Best regards, Administrator
> maomnron
>
> It message also contains a zip attachment (message.zip) that contains an
> html doc (message.html) that is really a multipart doc with an encoded
> binary executable called foo.exe and some html code to run foo.exe
>
> Some new virus? Or other nonsense? I cannot exercise it as we don't do
> windows. (OK. I did clean the front windows this morning, but even there
> the point is that I do not want to see windows...)

The attachment contains a virus called mimail (if I rmemeber correctly).
The company I worked for was hit very hard about a week ago.  The entire
mail system slowed while the IT folks tried to find all the infected
systems.

The virus scanners all flag this now.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer