On 9/17/2003 8:29 AM, someone claiming to be Bruce Marshall wrote:

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 23:03 pm, Tim Wunder wrote:

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 7:58 am, someone claiming to be dep wrote:

greets.

i've been printing from acrobat via cups. the command is lp -d
LJIIIDSS. problem is, i cannot get acrobat to remember this, and i
cannot find where in the damned thing the print command is stored. i
do not object to cracking open just about any part of it in order to
hardwire this, but i cannot for the life of me find it. anybody
know?

tia.

Well, while we're on the subject of pdf files and printing... For some reason, I can't print a particular .pdf file and I'm puzzled as to why. Other .pdf files print fine, but not this particular one. I was able to print it at work using the Windows version of Acrobat Reader 6.0, but not at home using acrobat 5.0.5, xpdf, or ggv.

If you wanna try, you can find the file here:
http://www.thewunders.org/files/CFSStephen.pdf

Regards,
Tim

Printed fine here on an HP4000.

damn, that sucks. You using CUPS by chance?