On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 07:27:22 +0800
Chong Yu Meng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Robert E. Raymond wrote:
>
> > Terence McCarthy wrote:
> >
> >> Rehat is too buggy.
> >>
> I'm using Red Hat 9.0 on my laptop. I have to admit that if you're
> installing Red Hat, it can be a real pain ! The reasons are :
>
> 3. Fonts -- yeah, it looks really crappy when you first install Red Hat.
> Better get the Subpixel font positioning thing working, or reduce the
> size till Anti-Alising doesn't kick in, but it fonts don't look jaggy or
> blurry.

Ahhh... crappy fonts. Yes, the box I'm piloting at work has an HP-patched
Redhat 7.3 (don't ask, it's required by our brain-dead vendors), and the
fonts in Mozilla are really quite astonishingly awful. I've been working
with our sys admin to try to fix them based on what we can find on the
net, but so far, no joy. Anyone have a sure-fire way to repair the fonts
on RH 7.3?