On August 1, 2001 09:51 pm, Myles Green wrote:

> I just finished building the kde2.2 snapshot from july 27 and 'viola' we
> have sound once again. They're supposed to release kde2.2 final next
> week so you may want to wait until then to grab the source.

Ok.  Thanks for the advice.... I'll probably wait for the release.

> BTW, how did you set up your sound? If you haven't done this yet you
> might want to edit /etc/rc.d/rc.modules to uncomment your sound card and

Well.... in /usr/src/linux/Doc...n/sound I discovered which driver supported
my sound card and modprobed it into the kernel.

I then added a line for it to rc.modules, b/c even a commented out one did
not already exist, although the module was available.

> then either modprobe the sound module or reboot. Are you running the
> stock kernel? If so which version 2.2.19 or 2.4.5?

Still running stock 2.2.19 (never noticed the option to go 2.4.5 when setting
up slackware although it apparently was there).... lol, I seem to keep
procrastinating on learning the art of kernel compilation.

David Aikema