On Wednesday 31 October 2001 07:26, Ray Russell wrote:
> I'm booting Windows XP pro using grub with no problems.  Also running
> it in VMware with no problems.

Hey, Group:

Well, I played with fire and I got burnt!

I upgraded win98 to winXP home edition using the upgrade.  I *formerly*
used LILO to dual-boot SuSE Linux 7.2 Pro and win98.

The upgrade over-wrote the MBR.  I restored the original MBR (windoze)
and completed the upgrade.  I tried using PQ 7 BootMagic temporarily to
see if *it* would boot Linux, but I got the same thing as when I tied
to boot Linux from the SuSE splash screen - LIL_

I might have been able to repair LILO, but instead (probably foolishly)
chose to restore the original MBR so I could finish the winXP upgrade.

I am composing this message in KMail, having booted into SuSE Linux 7.2
Pro using the boot disk and CD #1.

I am feeling pretty sheepish about all this, and my ass is pretty raw -
but go ahead - feel free.  I deserve it!

I could sure use some help on how to proceed.

Regards,

Glenn

--
Glenn Williams - [EMAIL PROTECTED]