Tim Wunder wrote:

> If it's @home, it's most likely just your account #. You can connect linux to
> it by passing the hostname with the dhcpcd request, dhcpcd -h<account#> eth?

I opted for static IP, so I'm not using dhcpcd.

> I'm really using dyndns.org to do it. That way, if @home ever does change my
> IP address, I can update it easily.  But I imagine you can do it your way.
> IIRC, dyndns.org was a better bargain -- one-time payment for DNS services
> rather than yearly payments.

dyndns.org is looking like the easier way. Do you use the MyDynDNS
Custom DNS service? I want to use my own domain name and host my own
services.

It looks like what I need to do is:

1. Set up an account wtih dyndyns.org
2. Delegate my domain from my old ISP to dyndns.org's nameservers.
3. Make a donation to dyndns.org.
4. Do other stuff yet to be determined...

Thanks to you, John Hiemenz, Collins Richey, Bill Campbell for the
input.

Kurt
--
Your heart is pure, and your mind clear, and your soul devout.