On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:33:19 +1130
Mike Andrew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed into the bitstream:

[snip]

> modern distros deprecate the use of srX, get rid of them, literally.
> Promise from me that you can do no harm by deleting them.

What's your source for this?  I run 2.4.17 w/ devfs (the latest).  At
boot, I have neither scd# nor sr# devices, but when I modprobe ide-scsi
then sr_mod, the only devices created are sr0 and sr1.  These devices are
created dynamically by sr_mod.  The info is built into the module.  If
what you say is true, then I don't understand why I only get sr# and not
scd#.

?????

[snip]

Ciao,