Net Llama wrote:

> --- Michael Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I apologize for  being dense, truly. But how does a person ever figure
> > this
> > stuff out ...

<SNIP>

> > Undoubtely this stuff is really, really easy once you know it. And
> > there
> > are now 5.2 quintillion people on this list who now realize I'm
> > utterly
> > stoopid.
>
> You're not stupid.  You're asking questions about stuff that you don't
> understand.  Get in line, everyone does it (hell, i did it about 10
> times in the past 24 hours).

Michael,

Lonni's right...if nobody's ever told you, and it's not obviously
documented in a manner/place for you to easily find it (as a non-guru
type), then it's not a stupid question.

We've all asked many, many questions that to someone on the list were
obvious...'cause they've done it, compiled it, configured it before now.

The fog is still clearing for me, after 2+ years of fairly intense
exposure to Linux.  Hopefully the sun will come out soon and burn the
rest off...until then...I'll keep askin' here.
--
Linux SxS [http://sxs.homeip.net/]